The Friday after General Conference, I got really sick. Like sharp pains all over my stomach that started really suddenly, and hurt REALLY bad. After it was getting worse over an hour or so I finally called Sean so we could go to urgent care. At urgent care I started to feel better. They did a bunch of tests and discovered a UTI and also thought that I had an issue with my gallbladder. She at first thought it could be appendicitis because when she put pressure over it, it hurt a lot, but in the end decided that it probably wasn't. She sent me home with an appointment for an ultrasound of my gallbladder on Monday morning. An hour or so after I got home I got super nauseated and had a sharp pain in my lower right stomach. I called urgent care and they said to go to the ER. So we sent Jack to the neighbors (Thank you Ashley!) and headed to the hospital. It was super full, so the wait was long. We got there at 6 and finally went to the back to get looked at around 7:30. The doctor put me in for a CT scan, and told me I had appendicitis by 9:45. I was terrified, mostly of knowing I'd be under anesthesia while they cut me open. But I was in surgery by midnight! I woke up a little after 1 in a lot of pain, and I was so exhausted I couldn't open my eyes. They finally got me in the recovery room and gave me Morphine. It took all the pain away, it was amazing. Sean said I told the nurse she was beautiful after the Morphine kicked in. I was loopy! But within a week I was fully recovered. Mom came to help me out, but I was doing so well that she only stayed for 3 days. It was so nice to see her though! Hopefully next time it will be because I had a baby, and not because I had surgery...
One of the nurses gave Jack a new teddy bear :)
Jack loved the bed. But I couldn't keep him off me very well, and it hurt a lot, so Sean had to take him off the bed right after he took a couple pictures. Jack was not too happy. He also turned off my leg massagers on accident. I didn't mind, they weren't comfortable. But the nurses were probably annoyed ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment