Tuesday, February 26, 2013

12 Week Appt-Heartbeat!

So today was our 12 week appointment. When they weighed me we found out I lost 4 pounds in 9 days!! The doctor isn't too worried yet though. He just gave me advice on how to keep gaining weight and what kinds of things to eat. I've also been having problems with dairy. I had milk last week and threw it up after being sick for a while. Then Sunday night I had 2 flimsy scoops of ice cream, and woke up at 2am with awful stomach cramping! From Ice cream!!! Doctor Jones said to keep trying the dairy in tiny amounts, and to let him know if I keep reacting badly. Idk though, I don't want to ruin ice cream for after the pregnancy! I'm afraid if I try it again I won't want to eat it!! We'll see. haha.
We also got to hear the baby's heartbeat! It was amazing!! He said he has to kinda fish for it, and if he was able to pick it up it was going to be really quiet. Well, low and behold, he found it almost immediately and it was nice and loud!!! It was amazing! I think all of the excitement and amazingness of it got to me though, because I giggled for a second. That made what I thought was a funny noise on the doppler (the thing used to pick up the heartbeat), and all of a sudden I was having a laughing fit. I couldn't stop laughing! I was tearing up it was so bad! Plus he tried to keep the doppler on my stomach which made it worse cuz it was making a funny noise, so it was hard to calm down! Finally he removed it and both he and Sean were laughing at me and Doctor Jones was like "It's ok, she's pregnant. This is expected!" So it was super embarrassing!! I thought I calmed down so he put it back on my tummy and of course I started laughing again. Oh goodness :P But eventually I really did calm down and he was able to pick up the heartbeat again, and look for the potential "twin sister" haha. No twins yet!
It was so amazing though. Hearing the heartbeat made everything so much more real! Theres a little baby growing inside me. Just a tiny human being, a body from Heavenly Father being prepared inside ME to be one of His sons or daughters bodies. It is absolutely amazing. Sean and I couldn't stop smiling. It has made us really realize that we're bringing a perfect little newborn into the world. The scary part is that we have to learn how to teach this son or daughter. But we are so blessed!
We're growing our little family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment